The terms used in these Terms of Service shall have the following meaning:
1. Customer – a natural person, a legal person or an organisational entity devoid of legal personality but granted legal capacity under special provisions, placing an Order at the Store;
2. Civil Code – the Act of 23 April 1964 (Journal of Laws No. 16, Item 93, as amended);
3. Terms of Service – these Terms of the provision of electronically supplied services as part of the BRENOR.PL online store;
4. Online Store (Store) – the website available at http://brenor.pl/, through which the Customer may, in particular, place Orders;
5. Goods – products presented at the Online Store;
6. Contract of Sale – a contract for the sale of Goods within the meaning of the Civil Code, concluded between BRENOR.PL and the Customer, executed using the Store’s website;
7. Consumer Rights Act – the Act of 30 May 2014 on consumer rights (Journal of Laws of 2014, Item 827);
8. Electronically Supplied Services Act – the Act of 18 July 2002 on the provision of electronically supplied services (Journal of Laws No. 144, Item 1204, as amended);
9. Order – the Customer’s declaration directly aimed at the conclusion of the Contract of Sale and specifying, in particular, the type and quantity of the Goods.
II. General provisions
1. These Terms of Service define the rules for using the online store available at http://brenor.pl/.
2. These Terms of Service constitute the terms of service referred to in Article 8 of the Electronically Supplied Services Act.
3. The BRENOR.PL online store, available at http://brenor.pl/, is operated by Brenor sp. z o.o., registered address: ul. Okrężna 16, 64-150 Brenno, NIP (Tax ID): 697-219-54-60, REGON: 300407608. Entered in the Register of Businesses of the National Court Register maintained by the District Court Poznań – Nowe Miasto & Wilda in Poznań, 9th Commercial Division of the National Court Register, under number 0000538988.
4. These Terms of Service specify in particular:
- the rules for registering and using an online store account;
- the terms and conditions for placing Orders via the online store;
- the rules for concluding Contracts of Sale with the use of services provided as part of the Online Store.
5. The use of the online store shall be possible if the IT system used by the Customer meets the following minimum technical requirements: a device with Internet access.
6. In order to use the online store, the Customer shall independently obtain access to a computer station or terminal with Internet access.
7. In accordance with the applicable law, BRENOR.PL reserves the right to limit the provision of services via the Online Store to persons aged 18 or over. In such a case, potential Customers shall be notified of the above.
8. Customers may access these Terms of Service at any time via the link on the home page of the website http://brenor.pl/, download them and print them.
III. Rules for using the Online Store
1. Registration at the Online Store shall be optional. The Customer may place an order without registering at the Store, having read and accepted these Terms of Service.
Registration shall take place by completing and accepting the registration form, available on one of the Store’s webpages
The condition for registration shall be accepting the contents of the Terms of Service and the provision of the personal data marked as mandatory.
BRENOR.PL may deprive the Customer of the right to use the Online Store or limit their access to some or all of the Online Store’s resources, with immediate effect, if the Customer has infringed the Terms of Service; in particular, where:
- during registration at the online store, the Customer provided untrue, inaccurate or outdated data, misleading or infringing third-party rights,
- the Customer has infringed, via the online store, third-party personality rights; in particular, personality rights of other customers of the online store,
- the Customer behaves in another way considered by BRENOR.PL to be inconsistent with the applicable law or general principles of using the Internet or detrimental to the reputation of BRENOR.PL.
No person who has been deprived of the right to use the online store may re-register without a prior consent of BRENOR.PL
2. In order to ensure the security of the transmission of messages and data in connection with the services provided at the Website, the Online Store implements technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk related to the services provided; in particular, measures to prevent unauthorised access to and alteration of personal data sent on the Internet.
3. The Customer shall, in particular:
- refrain from delivering or transmitting any content prohibited by law, e.g. any content promoting violence, defamatory or violating personality rights or other rights of third parties,
- use the Online Store in a manner that does not interfere with its functioning; in particular, through the use of specific software or devices,
- refrain from carrying out any activities such as: sending or posting unsolicited commercial information (spam) as part of the Online Store,
- use the Online Store in a manner that is not inconvenient for other customers and for BRENOR.PL,
- only use any content provided at the Online Store for their personal needs,
- use the Online Store in a manner consistent with the provisions of the law in force in the territory of the Republic of Poland, the provisions of these Terms of Service as well as with the general principles of using the Internet.
IV. Procedure for concluding a Contract of Sale
1. In order to conclude a Contract of Sale via the Online Store, go to the website http://brenor.pl/, make your choice by taking subsequent technical steps based on the messages displayed for the Customer and on information available at the website.
2. The selection of the Goods to be ordered by the Customer shall be made by adding them to the basket.
3. When placing such an Order – until the button confirming the Order placement is pressed – the Customer can modify the data entered and the selection of the Goods. For this purpose, the Customer should follow the messages displayed and the information available at the website.
4. After the Customer using the Online Store has provided all the necessary data, a summary of the Order placed shall be displayed. The summary of the Order placed shall include a description of the goods or services selected, the total price and all other expenses.
5. In order to send your Order, you must accept the Terms of Service, provide the personal data marked as mandatory and press the button confirming the Order placement.
6. The information about the Goods provided at the Store’s webpages constitutes an offer within the meaning of Article 66 of the Civil Code. Sending such an Order by the Customer shall be a declaration of the Customer’s will to conclude a Contract of Sale with BRENOR.PL, in accordance with the Terms of Service.
Such a contract shall be treated as concluded when the Customer’s Order is received at the IT system of the Online Store, provided that the Order complies with the Terms of Service. After concluding the contract, the Customer shall receive an e-mail confirming all the essential elements of the Order.
7. The Contract of Sale shall be concluded in Polish and comply with the Terms of Service.
V. Final provisions
1. Any disputes arising between BRENOR.PL and the Customer being a consumer within the meaning of Article 22 of the Civil Code shall be settled by the competent courts having jurisdiction under the relevant provisions of the Code of Civil Procedure.
2. Any disputes arising between BRENOR.PL and the Customer not being a consumer within the meaning of Article 22 of the Civil Code of the Civil Code shall be settled by the competent court having jurisdiction over the seat of BRENOR.PL.
3. In matters not regulated by these Terms of Service, the provisions of the Civil Code, the provisions of the Electronically Supplied Services Act or other relevant provisions of Polish law shall apply.
4. At , the European Commission provides an Online Dispute Resolution platform for out-of-court dispute settlement (the so-called ODR platform). We have no wish and no obligation to participate in a dispute resolution procedure before a consumer arbitration board.